Meetings & Speakers
- 18 Dec – Christmas Party – This month we have our regular Christmas get together. Things will kick off with a friendly casting competition at 7pm, this is 1⁄2 an hour earlier than normal. At the conclusion of the casting we will be enjoying a repast of delicious finger food as well as a few prizes to award.
- There will also be a bring and buy, so if you have any fishing gear that you would like to sell then bring it along, and if you want some new gear then make sure you bring your wallet.
- And, don’t forget Dave McLellan will have copies of his book ‘Laird Of The Flies’ available for purchase. This is sure to be an enjoyable night and we hope to see you all there.
- January 2019 – No Meeting. GO FISHING! TIGHT LINES!
- 19 February 2019 –
- February 22 – 24, 2019 – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes
- March 8 – 10, 2019 – Lake Otamangakau
- March 23, 2019 – Whanganui River – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- April 6 – 7, 2019 – Mohaka River Rafting Trip
- May – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes August – Tongariro and Tauranga Taupo
- November – Stillwater Section – Rodd and Gunn Trophy November – Tuition weekend
- December 7, 8, & 9 – Lake Otamangakau
- MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
- MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- North Shore Fly Fishers Club Salt Water Fly Fishing Competition
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (email@example.com)
- Angler Accommodation, An nzfishing.com guide to New Zealand fly fishing accommodation
- Photographic Guide Freshwater Invertebrates
- European Nymphing Techniques