Meetings & Speakers
- 17 October 2019 – Matthew von Sturmer (Matt) is a Sage Pro Team NZ guide and skipper with a 6m (20ft) boat that has been custom designed for saltwater flshing. Anglers take turns on the forward casting platform to spot fish and cast to structure for Snapper, Kingfish (Yellow Tail) and Kahawai. Matt specialises in ‘mooching’ the coast line following the tides and fish. Experts and beginners welcome. Matt’s tuition, ability to find fish and sense of humour ensure a great day on the water.
- 23 November 2019 – Stillwater Section – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- November 2019 – Tuition weekend
- December 2019 – Lake Otamangakau
- 27,28, 29, 1st (March) February 2020 – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes
- March 2020 – Lake Otamangakau
- March 2020 – Whanganui River – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- April 2020 – Mohaka River Rafting Trip
- May 2020 – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes August
- July 2020 – Tongariro and Tauranga Taupo.
- MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
- MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- Are You Interested In Fly Tying?
- North Shore Fly Fishers Club Salt Water Fly Fishing Competition
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (email@example.com)
- Angler Accommodation, An nzfishing.com guide to New Zealand fly fishing accommodation
- Photographic Guide Freshwater Invertebrates
- European Nymphing Techniques