Meetings & Speakers
- 16 October – Pat Swift talking to us. Pat is an acclaimed fly tyer and an excellent fly fisherman. His flies are on sale in fishing shops around the country and are for many their ‘go to’ choice when on the water. He will be talking about why he designs a fly in a particular way and what attracts Trout to flies in general. It is sure to be an interesting night and we hope to see you all there.
- January – Mohaka River
- February –Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes
- March – Whanganui River – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- March – Lake Otamangakau
- May – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes August – Tongariro and Tauranga Taupo
- October – Kai Iwi Lakes – Rodd and Gunn Trophy November – Tuition weekend
- December 7, 8, & 9 – Lake Otamangakau
- MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
- MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- Kai Iwi Lakes – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- North Shore Fly Fishers Club Salt Water Fly Fishing Competition
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (email@example.com)