Meetings & Speakers
- 17 Oct – Dennis Smith to speak about his trip to Alaska to fishi for salmon. Plus Meinrad Röhrs, a Certified Casting Instructor (Fly Fishers International 28 March in 20140) will be available starting at 6:30 to assist memeber with their casting skills.
- 21 Nov – Possible visit to Hunting & Fishing North Shore
- 19 Dec –
- 28 October – Kai Iwi Lakes – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- November – Tuition weekend (proposed, Faith Moon organizer)
- 1, 2, 3 December – Lake Otamangakau (David Symes organizer)
- January – Mohaka River (proposed for 19 to 21 Jan 2018, Dennis Smith organizer)
- February – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes (proposed)
- February – Whanganui River – Rodd and Gunn Trophy (proposed)
- March – Lake Otamangakau (proposed, David Symes Organizer)
- TAUMARUNUI AREA: trip to be organised for early April, 2018.
• MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
• MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- Kai Iwi Lakes – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (email@example.com)