Meetings & Speakers
- January 2019 – No Meeting. GO FISHING! TIGHT LINES!
- 19 February 2019 – Belinda Thomas. In addition to being a highly accomplished freshwater angler, Belinda has a wealth of saltwater experience both with fly over a long period and more recently, utilising the lessons from fly fishing to other forms of salt water angling such as soft baits and variety of jig type lures. In the same way as reading the water is an important part of river and lake fishing, choosing where and how to fish is an important part of saltwater fishing success, irrespective of which technique is used. Belinda’s talk will concentrate on this aspect. It is sure to be an enjoyable night and we hope to see you all there.
- February 22 – 24, 2019 – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes
- March 8 – 10, 2019 – Lake Otamangakau
- March 23, 2019 – Whanganui River – Rodd and Gunn Trophy
- April 6 – 7, 2019 – Mohaka River Rafting Trip
- May – Ngongotaha River and Rotorua Lakes August – Tongariro and Tauranga Taupo
- November – Stillwater Section – Rodd and Gunn Trophy November – Tuition weekend
- December 7, 8, & 9 – Lake Otamangakau
- MEOLA REEF: salt fly excursion could be arranged at short notice if suitable weather and tides coincide
- MANGAWHAI ESTUARY: a salt fly visit to be arranged by D. Symes. Best time: 2 hours before and after mid-day low tide, and with little or easterly wind.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN SALTWATER TRIPS to be compiled by D. Symes. About 8 expressions of interest so far.
Club Contests & Special Event
- North Shore Fly Fishers Club Salt Water Fly Fishing Competition
- Tuition Trip For Novice Anglers - Expressions Of Interest Sought – Contact Faith Moon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Angler Accommodation, An nzfishing.com guide to New Zealand fly fishing accommodation
- Photographic Guide Freshwater Invertebrates
- European Nymphing Techniques